Steon Lighting recognise the importance of our employee’s contributions and we are committed to recruiting the right calibre of candidate into the business. Our team has helped Steon Lighting develop into the thriving commercial lighting business it is today and we are always on the look out for talented and innovative individuals who are just as passionate about our products and services as we are.
We want to invest in you and develop you as a member of our team, as well as help you achieve personal milestones.
If you think that you have something to offer us, then please do get in touch.
Lighting and Product Designer
We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate with a degree or HND within electronics to join a well-established manufacturer within the lighting industry. Our principle activity is the design of architectural & commercial lighting solutions to B2B clients utilising our own registered lighting brands. The role is varied and principally will include the design of new luminaires and assisting within our busy lighting design department.
The successful candidate should be eager to learn new skills on the job and be part of a close knit team. You will possess excellent problem solving skills, be able to prioritise workload and have an adaptable approach to tasks. A practical working knowledge of SolidWorks is required for product development. Full training will be given to learn lighting design software (Relux & Dialux) and achieve LIA certification. The ideal candidate will be fundamentally self-motivated, well organised, professional, articulate, adaptable and possess a willingness to succeed and surpass customer expectations.
Principle Objectives and Skills Required:
- A good understanding of Electrical and Electronic circuity and assembly
- Drawing – CAD. Must be able to interpret CAD drawings and layers, with the ability to populate plans for client submission, discussion and approval
- A good knowledge of SolidWorks for product development
- Ability to read, digest and implement National Standards
- Project management skills
- Ability to liaise with colleagues and clients
- Problem solving
- A good telephone manner
- Skilled in the use of MS office applications
- The upkeep and administration of Technical Files
- Organise and update a project logging system
- Testing and evaluation of new lighting products and client returns
- Preparation of datasheets, BOM’s and reports
- Clean driving licence
Please ensure that your application includes a covering letter which explains why you want to work for Steon Lighting and why you think you are suited to the position. Applications without a covering letter WILL NOT be considered.